Delicious Cajun Style Corn Soup
I have tried other versions of corn soup, but the way I make this soup removes some of the calories, by omitting a few ingredients that most Cajuns in Louisiana would never go without, that is Roux and pork sausage. It does not take away from the flavor at all.
So, if you are looking to taste a deliciously spicy soup, please try this. I do hope you like it
- 1 lb
- johnsonville hot italian turkey sausage
- 2 can(s)
- original rotel
- 2 can(s)
- whole kernel sweet corn, undrained
- 1 can(s)
- swansons chicken broth
- red potatoes, cut up in to small bite size portions (may substitute one medium- large white potatoe)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped (large size will work as well)
- 1 -2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
How to Make Delicious Cajun Style Corn Soup
- 1Remove casings (skin covering) from sausage. In a large cast iron, or non-stick cooking pot, add chopped onion, minced garlic and sausage. Cook until sausage is done. Add all other ingredients. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are done. Enjoy!
- 2Note: I like mine pretty spicy, but it is the kind of spicy that also comes with a lot of flavor as well. If you can't take the heat, than I strongly suggest substituting one of the cans of Original Rotel with the Mild version. If you find it still too spicy, than use plain turkey sausage (lean if possible) rather than Hot turkey sausage.
- 3For those who want to reduce the caloric value. Hot Italian turkey sausage and low sodium chicken broth can be used as a substitute. Tastes just as good.