Chinese Corn Soup
1 can(s)corn (or about 2 cups frozen or fresh)
1 qtchicken broth
1 stalk(s)celery, sliced on the diagonal
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 1/2 Tbspcornstarch (cornflour in uk?)
1 Tbspsesame oil
1/2 tspwhite pepper
·parsley or cilantro to garnish
How to Make Chinese Corn Soup
- Cook corn for about 2 minutes in just enough water to keep from drying out. Use immersion blender to chop up until corn is of somewhat creamy consistency. (Or drain corn, put on cutting board and chop up with a large knife. Blender is easier!)
- (Return corn to soup pot if you removed it to chop.) Then add broth, onion and celery. Bring to boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with twice as much cold water to make a slurry. Pour into simmering soup. Stir until slightly thickened.
- Beat egg. Stir simmering soup and pour beaten egg into the soup in a small stream, continuing to stir until egg has "flowered" into the soup.
- Add white pepper to taste. Drizzle a bit of sesame oil over each serving. Garnish with parsley or cilantro.