Canadian Cheese Soup
2 1/4 cchicken broth
2 stalk(s)celery, finely chopped
1 Tbsponion, finely diced
1 mediumcarrot, finely shredded
1 stickbutter, melted
8 ozcheez whiz
1 ozgrated swiss cheese
1 ozgrated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cmilk
How to Make Canadian Cheese Soup
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add celery, carrot and onion. Simmer 25 minutes until veggies are soft but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add flour and stir constantly with wire whisk, until smooth and free of limps. Cook this roux 8 to 10 minutes, still over low heat, whisking constantly to prevent scorching.
- Turn the heat down under the broth to medium-low. Add the roux to the broth. Continue to whisk until smooth and thick about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add Cheez Whiz and grated cheeses. Continue cooking until cheese is melted, whisking occasionally.
- Heat milk in microwave until warm. Add to soup slowly. Whisk until smooth. You can add more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve with toasted croutons or crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.