Brenda's Potato Soup
How to Make Brenda's Potato Soup
- 1Placed diced potatoes into dutch oven and cover with water. Boil until just tender enough to poke with a fork. Drain and set aside in colander.
- 2Fry bacon. Remove from pan.
- 3Dice onion and celery and saute in bacon grease until tender. Remove and set aside.
- 4Add enough butter to bacon grease to make 8 Tablespoons of total fat. Add 1/2 cup flour and make a rue.
- 5Add 8 cups milk a little at a time and thicken.
- 6Add 1 1/2 pounds to 2 pounds of Velveeta and stir until melted.
- 7Add bacon, onions and celery plus grease left in bowl.
- 8Microwave shredded carrots with a little water in them to soften. Add to soup mixture.
- 9Add potatoes and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Heat thoroughly, stirring frequently.