Shrimp and Snow Pea Wontons
I tasted these at Dim Sum in Singapore once and loved the combined flavor of the snow pea and shrimp. Make sure to chop the snow peas fine! Dipped in a little Gyoza sauce or light soy these are scrumptious! The family was very happy with the outcome we barely had enough to freeze for a second meal after making a double batch - Enjoy!
- 1 lb
- raw shrimp - diced fine
- 1/4 c
- ground pork - about 2 oz
- 1/2 c
- snow peas, strings removed and diced fine
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 1 Tbsp
- chinese cooking wine
- 1 1/2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh ginger - diced fine
- 1 clove
- garlic - minced fine
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- 1 pkg
- wonton wrappers
How to Make Shrimp and Snow Pea Wontons
- 1Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers and mix well - note you may need to use your fingers! :)
- 2Refrigerate for about 1 hour to allow marinade to set
- 3Place one wonton wrapper in front of you on a 'diamond' angle - so one of the points is pointing directly at you.
- 4Add a small dollop of the shrimp mixture (a bit bigger than a quarter) to the center of your wonton wrapper. Do not overfill or your wontons will be hard to seal properly
- 5Dipping your index finger in water, trace the exposed edges of the wonton wrapper. This is what will make it stick together. Try not to get it too wet, just enough to moisten it.
- 6Fold the edge of the wonton wrapper closest to you (that diamond point) over the dollop of shrimp and join it with the corresponding point on the other edge, pinching the wrapper together firmly
- 7Using your index fingers, seal the edges of the wrapper on either side of the joined points, making a triangle 'pouch' . Avoid having air bubbles inside the wonton or it will rupture when boiled.
- 8Turn the triangle pouch around so the center point is once again facing you
- 11Cooking dumplings:
- if Deep frying - cook in hot Vegetable or peanut oil for 4-5 mins or until golden brown
- If Boiling - place the dumplings into boiling water (with a drizzle of sesame oil) for about 5 mins from fresh or 8-10 mins from Frozen. They float when fully cooked!
- if Steaming - about 5-6 minutes from fresh or 10 mins from frozen
About Shrimp and Snow Pea Wontons
You May Also Like:
Show 11 Comments & Reviews