8 ozscallops, small or cut up
2scallions, sliced thin
1 can(s)condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 chalf and half, or heavy cream
1/2 cwhite wine
1/8 tspchili powder
1 pinchwhite pepper, or to taste
3 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
4 tspparmesan cheese
How to Make Scallop Chowder
- In a pot melt butter over medium heat, add scallions and saute until tender.
- Add flour to butter and scallions, one tablespoon at a time, and stir until dissolved and thickened to make a roux.
- Add mushroom soup from can and mix with roux until well mixed Add cream a little at a time, stirring constantly. Do not let the mixture get too thick.
- Add wine to the pot and continue to stir until the mixture gets bubbly but not boiling.
- Add scallops and remaining ingredients, except cheese. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until scallops are cooked.
- Put in serving bowls and top with cheese.