- onion, finely chopped
- green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp
- creole seasoning
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- soup can of milk
- 1 lb
- crawfish tails or peeled deveined shrimp
- bay leaf (if desired)
GARNISH WITH GUMBO FILE' IF DESIRED
How to Make Quick and Easy Shrimp or Crawfish Ettouffe'
- 1Saute the onion, celery and bell pepper in the butter until tender crisp.
- 2Add the tomato, soup, milk and creole seasoning.
Taste. If you like it spicy add more seasoning.
*note* if you don't have creole seasoning add red pepper, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Add bay leaf. (remove bay leaf before serving)
- 3Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes
- 4Add crawfish tails or shrimp and simmer 10 minutes.
Serve over rice.
You can buy the bags of pre-chopped creole vegetables, if you use them then use 2 1/2 cups in place of the onion, bell pepper and celery.
If someone in your family doesn't like mushrooms don't tell them that they're in the ettouffe'. If you substitute cream of celery soup then omit the chopped celery.
Recipe may be doubled.