Walkabout Soup Clone
- 1 - 32oz box
- beef broth
- 3 medium
- white onions
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c
- shredded monterrey jack cheese
How to Make Walkabout Soup Clone
- 1Pour carton of beef broth into at least a 4qt pot/stock pot. Heat to boiling.
- 2Cut onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to the broth. Add salt and pepper.
- 3Bring the mixture back to boiling, then turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- 4After simmering for an hour, while stirring, slowly shake the flour in a sifter over the soup. Continue to stir if any large lumps of flour develop. Be careful when you stir; aggressive agitation or using a whisk may tear the onions apart. As the soup continues to cook, any lumps should dissolve.
- 5After 30 minutes of additional simmering, add the cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Continue to simmer for another 5 or 10 minutes.
- 6Serve soup hot after sprinkling a tablespoon each of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese on top.