Walkabout Soup Clone
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 - 32oz boxbeef broth
3 mediumwhite onions
1 tspblack pepper
3/4 call purpose flour
1 cheavy cream
1 1/4 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cshredded monterrey jack cheese
How to Make Walkabout Soup Clone
- Pour carton of beef broth into at least a 4qt pot/stock pot. Heat to boiling.
- Cut onions into thin slices, then quarter the slices. Add to the broth. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture back to boiling, then turn the heat down and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- After simmering for an hour, while stirring, slowly shake the flour in a sifter over the soup. Continue to stir if any large lumps of flour develop. Be careful when you stir; aggressive agitation or using a whisk may tear the onions apart. As the soup continues to cook, any lumps should dissolve.
- After 30 minutes of additional simmering, add the cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
Continue to simmer for another 5 or 10 minutes.
- Serve soup hot after sprinkling a tablespoon each of shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese on top.