☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- bacon--cut into small pieces
- 1 c
- 1 c
- celery--diced (use the inside tender pieces and leaves)
- 3-5 lb
- potatoes--chopped small (i use red or gold potatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick
- flour to thicken
- chicken broth (amount depends on how many potatoes you use)
- milk (amount depends on how many potatoes you use)
How to Make Tracy's Potato Comfort Soup
- 1Heat a large soup pot using medium/high heat
Add bacon pieces, onion and celery.
Fry till vegies are cooked soft and bacon is crispy or nearly so.
Add potatoes to the pot, salt and pepper.. then stir well to combine ingredients.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until potatoes are softened but not cooked through (about half way)
- 3Add chicken broth to cover potatoes and vegies..about 2 fingers above ingredients.
- 4Heat to boiling ..cook for 5 min.
then stir well and reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot.
Cook together until potatoes are real soft.
Remove lid from pot and increase heat slightly.
Cook without stirring to reduce liquid down to the level (or just below) of the potatoes/veg.
Cook until potatoes
- 5Add stick of butter to pot.
Stir until butter is melted..Some of the potatoes will fall apart with the stirring ..you want this to happen.
Stir until mixture is chunky and an even mixture of potato chunks and small broken pieces.
- 6Taste mixture and add more salt/pepper if necessary.
Reduce heat to low.
- 7Sprinkle flour evenly across the top (about a cup or so)
- 8Add milk until desired consistency is reached for your soup.
Heat through to serving temp..but DO NOT let it boil.