12 ozmushrooms finely chopped
12 ozmushrooms - portabello, shitake, oyster
1/2 call purpose flour
2 cchicken stock
1 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Paul's World Famous Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Melt butter in large sauce pan
- Gently cook mushrooms for 5 min.
- Stir in flour (making a sort of mushroom roux)
- Gradually stir in chicken stock and milk
- Bring to a boil and then simmer 10 minutes
- Add parsley and lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper then stir in half/half and reheat gently. Stirring often.
- Note: Add lots more mushrooms (oyster, shitake, portabello). Use chicken or beef broth. Lemon is important ingredient. It gives the soup a slight acidic bite so don't forget it and use fresh squeezed.