Not just another Potato Soup
- potatoes, medium peeled or unpeeled
- head of cauliflower
- 32 oz
- chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 c
- onion, small chopped
- 3/4 c
- carrots, chopped
- 1 c
- half and half
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- ham hock, smoked, or 8 oz. ham, cubed
- poblano chili, seeded and chopped
How to Make Not just another Potato Soup
- 1Chop the potatoes, cauliflower,onion, and carrots into bite size pieces.
- 2In large pan add the broth, water, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and onion. Boil until tender. About 30 min. If you are using ham hock add that at this time also.
- 3When the vegetables are tender remove the ham hock and and puree the vegetables in the broth. I use an immersion blender for this. If you prefer to leave it chunky that is fine.
- 4Add the half and half and cheese to the soup. Add salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste.
- 5Take the meat off the ham hock and add to the soup. If you prefer ham add it at this time. Take the seeds out of the poblano chili and chop finely. Add this to the soup. Heat through and serve. Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt as you serve it.