Not just another Potato Soup
4potatoes, medium peeled or unpeeled
1/2head of cauliflower
32 ozchicken or vegetable broth
1onion, small chopped
3/4 ccarrots, chopped
1 chalf and half
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1ham hock, smoked, or 8 oz. ham, cubed
1poblano chili, seeded and chopped
How to Make Not just another Potato Soup
- Chop the potatoes, cauliflower,onion, and carrots into bite size pieces.
- In large pan add the broth, water, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, and onion. Boil until tender. About 30 min. If you are using ham hock add that at this time also.
- When the vegetables are tender remove the ham hock and and puree the vegetables in the broth. I use an immersion blender for this. If you prefer to leave it chunky that is fine.
- Add the half and half and cheese to the soup. Add salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash to taste.
- Take the meat off the ham hock and add to the soup. If you prefer ham add it at this time. Take the seeds out of the poblano chili and chop finely. Add this to the soup. Heat through and serve. Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt as you serve it.