~ My Creamy Broccoli/ Cheese/ Pasta Soup ~
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 large
- or 3 small stalks, celery, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb
- fresh broccoli - cleaned and pulled apart into pieces
- 1 - 32 oz
- chicken stock
- 2 - 2 1/2 c
- shredded, cheddar or any melting cheese - add more or less if you like
- 2 c
- 4 1/2 Tbsp
- each - butter & flour
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 3 - 4 oz
- broken spaghetti - or other small pasta - prepared according to directions, drain, rinse and set aside
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- salt or to taste
How to Make ~ My Creamy Broccoli/ Cheese/ Pasta Soup ~
- 1In a large dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter, then add onion, garlic and celery. Saute over med heat until tender crisp.
Pour in chicken stock and broccoli and bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Carefully pour mixture into a blender, food processor or use a hand held blender to rough puree. I don't make mine completely smooth as we like a little texture.
Pour back into pot, and keep the mixture warming over low heat.
In a medium saucepan, melt the 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter and add the flour, whisk and cook over medium heat for a minute or two. Whisk in the cream and milk. Cook and stir until thickened.
Pour the milk mixture into the warm broccoli mixture and stir well. Add desired amount of cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta, salt and pepper. Continue cooking until all is heated through. Taste and see if you want more seasoning or cheese. If so add it.
Serve in bowls with shredded cheese, croutons, etc etc. I added some cubed ham I had left from Easter.