Laura's Crock-pot Rustic Potato Soup
- 2 lb
- red potatoes, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium
- sweet onions, diced small
- 4 stalk(s)
- celery, diced small
- 4 stick
- carrots, diced small
- 64 oz
- vegetable stock (2) 32 oz. cartons
- 1 can(s)
- corn, drained
- bay leaves
- 1/4 c
- parsley flakes
- 1 tsp
- thyme, leaves
- 1 lb
- bacon, diced
- 1/2 stick
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1/2 c
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Laura's Crock-pot Rustic Potato Soup
- 1In a 6 qt. crock-pot. Add in both cartons of Vegetable Stock, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, thyme, parsley flakes and bay leaves.
- 2In a sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp and drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- 3Add cooked & drained bacon to crock-pot.
- 4Cook on low heat for about 8 hours. (I set it and go to bed)
- 5In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour and whisk in evaporated milk. Once it starts to thicken, remove from heat. Slowly spoon it into crock-pot stirring to keep lumps out. Keep adding until you get a nice creamy consistancy.
- 6Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 7Optional Garnishes: cheese, bacon bits, onions, fresh parsley. Whatever floats your boat! Enjoy!!