Kimmel Christmas Cheese Soup
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- chopped, grated green onions
- finely chopped stalks of celery (use a food processor)
- finely grated carrots (use a food processor)
- 4 small
- cans of low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 small
- cans of cream of potato soup (blend until smooth)
- 16 oz
- package grated cheddar cheese (i like sharp)
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- few drops of tabasco sauce
- 16 oz
- container low-fat sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- sherry (optional)
- salt and pepper
How to Make Kimmel Christmas Cheese Soup
- 1Melt butter; sauté onions, celery and carrots until tender. Add broth; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- 2Add potato soup, cheese, parsley, Tabasco, salt and pepper; bring to a low boil. Do not let it burn. (The cheese will stick to the bottom and burn--ruining the soup.)
- 3Add sour cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add sherry and stir. This serves 12-16 people.
- 5The soup can be kept warm in a crockpot during your celebration.