Kimmel Christmas Cheese Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 stickunsalted butter
6chopped, grated green onions
6finely chopped stalks of celery (use a food processor)
4finely grated carrots (use a food processor)
4 smallcans of low-sodium chicken broth
6 smallcans of cream of potato soup (blend until smooth)
16 ozpackage grated cheddar cheese (i like sharp)
1 Tbspparsley flakes
·few drops of tabasco sauce
16 ozcontainer low-fat sour cream
3 Tbspsherry (optional)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Kimmel Christmas Cheese Soup
- Melt butter; sauté onions, celery and carrots until tender. Add broth; cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add potato soup, cheese, parsley, Tabasco, salt and pepper; bring to a low boil. Do not let it burn. (The cheese will stick to the bottom and burn--ruining the soup.)
- Add sour cream and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sherry and stir. This serves 12-16 people.
- The soup can be kept warm in a crockpot during your celebration.