Hash-Brown Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 8 c
- frozen shredded hash browns, partially thawed
- 6 c
- reduced-sodium fat-free begetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) evaporated skimmed milk or 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 c
- greek nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- chopped green onion, grated cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon as desired for toppings
How to Make Hash-Brown Potato Soup
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté until tender about 8 minutes. Add hash browns and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook covered 8-10 minutes.
- 2In small bowl, whisk together flour with 3/4 cup evaporated milk. Add to potato mixture with remaining milk. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook, stirring, 10 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, salt, and pepper. (Don't boil after adding yogurt.) Stir until well combined. Top with desired toppings.