Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 lb.fresh white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 smallonion, diced
1/8 tsp.black pepper
3 clovesgarlic, minced
6 tablesp.all-purpose flour
4 cupschicken broth
1/2 cuphalf-and-half cream
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- In a stock-pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper. Sauté vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes.)
- After 9 minutes of sautéing the mushrooms and onions, I then add the garlic, and continue sautéing the vegetables for 1 more minute.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly, and until the vegetables and flour has thickened. (Mine always seems to thicken immediately.)
- Gradually stir in the broth, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in the half-and-half, and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until the soup has thickened and is heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls or mugs, and serve immediately.