Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 tablesp.
- 1 lb.
- fresh white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/8 tsp.
- black pepper
- 3 cloves
- garlic, minced
- 6 tablesp.
- all-purpose flour
- 4 cups
- chicken broth
- 1/2 cup
- half-and-half cream
How to Make Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1In a stock-pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the mushrooms, onion, salt, and pepper. Sauté vegetables until tender (about 10 minutes.)
- 3After 9 minutes of sautéing the mushrooms and onions, I then add the garlic, and continue sautéing the vegetables for 1 more minute.
- 4Add the flour, stirring constantly, and until the vegetables and flour has thickened. (Mine always seems to thicken immediately.)
- 5Gradually stir in the broth, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes; stirring frequently.
- 6Slowly stir in the half-and-half, and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until the soup has thickened and is heated through.
- 7Ladle soup into bowls or mugs, and serve immediately.