Barb's Corn Chowder
- 1 lb
- 3 medium
- onions, chopped
- heaping tsp. garlic powder
- 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- medium to large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 c
- frozen corn
- 3 c
- cream or half & half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Barb's Corn Chowder
- 1Cook bacon until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain, leaving drippings in pan. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. of the drippings. When bacon is cooled, crush into tiny pieces. (I use a little food processor on "pulse" for this.)
- 2Add onion to the remaining drippings and saute until tender. Add broth and potato. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Add corn and cream and simmer until all flavors are cooked together. When done stir in the 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- 4NOTE: You can use more of the bacon drippings to add flavor to the chowder. Your choice.