SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST STEW
1 1/2 lbground beef
1 lbground pork
1 largeonion, diced
2 can(s)whole tomatoes, (14.5 oz. cans) cut up in can with kitchen shears
1 can(s)Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
1/2 jar(s)fire roasted red peppers, chopped (1 cup)
1 can(s)corn, whole kernel
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 pkgranch dressing mix
1 can(s)black beans
1 can(s)light red kidney beans, red beans or pinto beans
·garnishes (sour cream, cheese, chives, tortilla chips, corn chips, sliced jalapenos, sliced black olives, sliced green onions)
How to Make SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST STEW
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, pork and onions; drain well.
- Pour cooked meat into large slow cooker or large stock pot.
- Add all ingredients except beans, stir well to combine.
- Add beans, including the liquid from the cans; stir well.
- For slow cooker, put lid on, cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low setting. For stockpot, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, For 45 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Serve garnished with cheddar cheese or queso fresco, thinly sliced jalapenos, sour cream, diced or sliced avacado, sliced green onions and/or corn chips.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.