How to Make SIMPLE MOM'S TACO SOUP
- First, you’ll want to brown one pound of ground beef, or ground turkey if you prefer. You can cook the meat in a separate skillet or the large pot you will need for the soup.
- Once the meat is brown, drain it and add in two minced garlic cloves and half a cup of onions. Stir those in and then add in your spices–one tablespoon of cumin and one teaspoon of chili powder.
- Let the spices soak in while you dice up an eight ounce block of cream cheese. Add in the cream cheese and use the back of a wooden spoon to mash it into the meat. You can use a metal or plastic spoon, but the cream cheese will not stick to the wooden spoon as much.
- When the cream cheese completely coats the meat, add in two cans of Rotel, two cans of beef broth and half a cup of heavy cream.
- Stir well and bring ingredients to a boil. Salt can be added to taste