After Thanksgiving White Chili
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- white beans, dried
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, diced
- 1 can(s)
- green chiles, mild
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomato with green chiles
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- white pepper
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 pkg
- mccormick white chili seasoning packet
- 1-2 lb
- chopped turkey (can use chicken as well)
- 1 bag(s)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional--sour cream, crackers, cornbread
How to Make After Thanksgiving White Chili
- 1If you want to soak the beans according to package instructions you can. I prefer to clean the beans and cover with water according to package directions and bring to a boil over high heat then decrease heat to a simmer. Add salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Let simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- 2As liquid begins to dissipate begin to supplement liquid with chicken broth. Continue to simmer until beans are tender. Add more water as needed until beans are tender.
- 3Add green chiles, tomatoes with green chiles, McCormick White Chili seasoning packet and chopped turkey to tender beans. Continue to cook on low heat for remainder of day to allow spices and flavors to meld together.
- 4Thirty minutes before you are ready to serve chop one 8 oz package of cream cheese into small pieces and place into chili and allow to melt. Be sure to stir frequently as this will begin to stick on the bottom of the pan.
- 5When cream cheese is melted serve in bowls topped with your choice of shredded mozzarella, a dollop of sour cream, and/or with a side of crackers or cornbread.