Zuppa Tuscana with Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 lb
- red potatoes, sliced and halved
- 1 qt
- heavy cream (aprox. amount)
- chicken bullion cubes
- 10 c
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 lb
- 2 small
- white onions, chopped
- 2 large
- bunches of kale, or spinach
How to Make Zuppa Tuscana with Chicken
- 1Fry bacon crispy, crumble and set aside.
- 2Add garlic, onion and chicken to bacon grease and sauté until chicken is done.
- 3In a large stock pot, add water and bullion and bring to a boil.
- 4Add potatoes to boiling water and boil until potatoes are soft.
- 5Shred chicken and add chicken, sautéed garlic and onions with the bacon drippings into the stock pot.
- 6Add heavy cream to the broth, boiling to thicken. Make broth as thick or thin as you want using as much or as little cream as you want. If it is not thick enough, you can whisk 4 TBS flour with 4 TBS water in a bowl and add to mixture to thicken.
- 7After the desired consistency is reached, add spinach or kale and allow to wilt.
- 8Remove from heat and enjoy! I served this with garlic bread!