Zuppa Tuscana with Chicken
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 lbred potatoes, sliced and halved
1 qtheavy cream (aprox. amount)
4chicken bullion cubes
4 clovegarlic, minced
2 smallwhite onions, chopped
2 largebunches of kale, or spinach
How to Make Zuppa Tuscana with Chicken
- Fry bacon crispy, crumble and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion and chicken to bacon grease and sauté until chicken is done.
- In a large stock pot, add water and bullion and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes to boiling water and boil until potatoes are soft.
- Shred chicken and add chicken, sautéed garlic and onions with the bacon drippings into the stock pot.
- Add heavy cream to the broth, boiling to thicken. Make broth as thick or thin as you want using as much or as little cream as you want. If it is not thick enough, you can whisk 4 TBS flour with 4 TBS water in a bowl and add to mixture to thicken.
- After the desired consistency is reached, add spinach or kale and allow to wilt.
- Remove from heat and enjoy! I served this with garlic bread!