Delicious Chicken & Dumplings
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 10-12 pkg
- chicken legs
- 32 oz
- chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Delicious Chicken & Dumplings
- 1Rinse off chicken legs . Put legs in large pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil for about 45 minutes. Check chicken legs with a fork. Meat needs to fall right off of bone. Boil longer, if needed.
- 2Lay out legs onto a cookie sheet to cool off. Drain liquid to remove bone pieces and any skin . Put liquid back in pot.
- 3As soon as legs are cool enough to handle, pull off all meat-put meat back in pot. Discard bones and skin.
- 4Mix 2 1/2 cups Bisquick to 3/4 cup chicken broth. (My family loves lots if dumplings, so i use 3 cups with a bit more broth).
- 5Add remaining chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- 6Using a tbsp. , scoop out dumplings and drop into boiling broth at a fast pace. Then reduce heat and cook uncovered 10 minutes. Stir to avoid sticking to bottom. Cover and cook an additional 7-10 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat & uncover . Let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste. ENJOY!