Chinese Egg Drop Soup
1 qtlow salt chicken broth (32 ounce container)
3packets powdered chicken boullion
1 1/2 cwater, divided
1 tspdried chives
1 tspsesame oil
1 tspsoy sauce
3 - 4 largeeggs, beaten
2green onions, thinly sliced (for garnish)
How to Make Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Place a 3-quart saucepan over medium high heat. Add the chicken broth, powdered boullion and all but 1/3 cup of the water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chives, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into the boilng broth. Gently stir and reduce heat. Soup will come to a simmer. The eggs will cook in the broth and rise to the top in about 1 minute.
- Combine the cornstarch with the reserved water and mix into the simmering soup. Mix well and let cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- Garnish each serving with green onions, if desired.