Black Bean and Sausage Soup
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
9turkey or chicken sausage links (about 8 ounces)
9 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1 1/2onion finely chopped
6scallions (white and green parts), chopped
6plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
3 Tbspdried oregano
4 1/2 cchicken stock
4 1/2 ccooked black beans
6 Tbspfresh chopped parsley
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Black Bean and Sausage Soup
- In a skillet over medium low heat, warm the olive oil.
- Remove the sausage from the casings and add to the pan, breaking up into chunks with a wooden spoon
- Cook the sausage all the way through, until it just starts to brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl and cover to keep moist.
- Using the same pan, add a little bit more oil if necessary, add the garlic and cook until it just starts to turn lightly golden brown, then add the onion and scallions, and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, and continue cooking over low heat until the mixture looks soft and flavorful. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and bring it to a boil. Add the beans, sausage, and juices that have accumulated in the bowl; return to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to a simmer
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Partially cover and cook gently for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.