25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken
8 slicethick cut bacon
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast
2 tspgarlic powder
2 tspground chile de arbol (or cayenne pepper; to taste)
1 tspsmoked paprika
1 tspkosher salt
1 cbeer, belgian style wheat beer (blue moon)
1 cchicken stock
2 chalf and half
8 ozmild cheddar cheese,shredded
1 tspworcestershire sauce
·croutons, parmesan, for garnish
·bacon for garnish
How to Make 25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken
- Warm an 8 quart pot over high heat.
- Using clean scissors; cut bacon into pot.
- Cook bacon until lightly crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Remove bacon from pan and place on a plate.
- Add chicken into bacon grease to cook. Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken onto plate with bacon.
- Cut butter into 1 tablespoon pieces and add to pan drippings. Whisk in flour and spices.
- Add beer, broth and half & half. Whisk to combine and bring to a bubble.
- Add cheese whisk to combine, stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, chicken and bacon. Reserve 2 slices of the bacon for garnish. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with chives and croutons and bacon.