Smoked Beef Sausage and Potato Chowder
The original recipe calls for a pound of sausage, I prefer less meat, so I only use half a package.
I also add red pepper flakes if the grand babies are not over.
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb
- smoked beef sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pkg
- cheesy scalloped potatoes
- 16 oz
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 can(s)
- beef broth
- 1 c
- 2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Smoked Beef Sausage and Potato Chowder
- 1Add olive oil to a non-stick dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add sausage, cook and stir 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pot, drain on paper towels.
- 3Drain fat and oil from pot leaving the brown bits. De glaze the pot with the beef broth.
- 4Return sausage to pot.
- 5Add potatoes (save sauce mix for next step), vegetables, onion powder and water. Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, whisk in sauce mix that was in the box of potatoes. cover and simmer on low for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 7Stir in milk, cook uncovered over medium heat until heated thoroughly. Stir in parsley and pepper.