Smoked Beef Sausage and Potato Chowder
The original recipe calls for a pound of sausage, I prefer less meat, so I only use half a package.
I also add red pepper flakes if the grand babies are not over.
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 lbsmoked beef sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1 pkgcheesy scalloped potatoes
16 ozfrozen mixed vegetables
1/2 tsponion powder
1 can(s)beef broth
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
1/4 tspblack pepper
How to Make Smoked Beef Sausage and Potato Chowder
- Add olive oil to a non-stick dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add sausage, cook and stir 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pot, drain on paper towels.
- Drain fat and oil from pot leaving the brown bits. De glaze the pot with the beef broth.
- Return sausage to pot.
- Add potatoes (save sauce mix for next step), vegetables, onion powder and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, whisk in sauce mix that was in the box of potatoes. cover and simmer on low for 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in milk, cook uncovered over medium heat until heated thoroughly. Stir in parsley and pepper.