Mom's Macaroni Tomato Beef Soup
- 2 lb
- chuck roast, bone-in
- 6 qt
- beef broth
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 2 c
- celery, diced
- 1 lb
- macaroni, uncooked
- 1 qt
- v-8, or tomato juice (spicy is good)
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- black pepper
- various seasonings, to taste
How to Make Mom's Macaroni Tomato Beef Soup
- 1Salt the roast and place in a deep stew pot. Cover with broth (or water) and simmer on low for 2-4 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- 2Remove meat from broth. Strain broth and return broth to pan. Add vegetables and seasonings (adjust salt and seasoning to taste). Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- 3While vegetables cook, remove meat from bone and discard bone and fat. Dice remaining meat and set aside.
- 4Once vegetables are tender, add the quart of juice and macaroni. Cook until pasta is tender.
- 5Add the reserved meat, heat through, and enjoy!