Mom's Macaroni Tomato Beef Soup
2 lbchuck roast, bone-in
6 qtbeef broth
1 largeonion, diced
2 ccelery, diced
1 lbmacaroni, uncooked
1 qtv-8, or tomato juice (spicy is good)
2 tspblack pepper
·various seasonings, to taste
How to Make Mom's Macaroni Tomato Beef Soup
- Salt the roast and place in a deep stew pot. Cover with broth (or water) and simmer on low for 2-4 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat from broth. Strain broth and return broth to pan. Add vegetables and seasonings (adjust salt and seasoning to taste). Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables cook, remove meat from bone and discard bone and fat. Dice remaining meat and set aside.
- Once vegetables are tender, add the quart of juice and macaroni. Cook until pasta is tender.
- Add the reserved meat, heat through, and enjoy!