Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup
4 cupsleftover hamburger spanish rice with bacon
32 ounceschicken broth
8 ouncesfrozen mixed vegetables
1 can(14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can(8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 tsp.italian seasoning
1/4 tsp.seasoned salt
1/8 tsp.black pepper
How to Make Hamburger Spanish Rice Soup
- First, you'll need to cook the frozen mixed vegetables according to package directions. (I cook mine in the microwave along with 2 tablespoons of water for 3-4 minutes on high, then stir the vegetables, place them back in the microwave to cook for 2 more minutes, and then let them set while preparing the soup.) Note: My vegetables were cooked in a 900 watt microwave oven.
- To prepare the soup: In a large pot, add the 4 cups of leftover Spanish Rice With Bacon, along with the broth, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the cooked vegetables, then add them to the pot.
- Cook the soup (uncovered) over medium low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and the soup is heated through. Be sure to stir the soup occasionally.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.