1 can(s)tomato soup, undiluted
1 cwater or wine (i use water)
1/4 call purpose flour
2 lbbeef chuck roast, cut in 1-inch cubes
3 mediumcarrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
6 smallwhite boiling onions, whole and peeled
4 mediumpotatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 stalk(s)celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
12 largebutton mushrooms, fresh and leave whole
2beef bouillon, cubes
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Gone-All-Day Stew
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients (except tomato soup, water, flour, and beef bouillon cubes) in a roaster sprayed with Pam. (I just use my hands to mix all the ingredients together after they are in the roaster).
- Place one bouillon cube on top and at each end of the above mixture.
- Mix tomato soup, water, and flour together. Pour over top of above ingredients. Do NOT stir.
- Place lid on roaster and place in preheated oven.
- The directions said to bake for 4-5 hours, but start checking at 3 hours as mine always gets done sooner. If the meat is tender then the stew is done.
- Pat's Notes:
Can use sliced baby portabella mushrooms in place of button mushrooms. Use as many as you want. I'll also use baby carrots instead of the larger carrots...put in as many as you want.