Deluxe Vegetable Beef Soup
- 3-4 lb
- beef chuck roast
- 3 Tbsp
- bacon grease
- 2 can(s)
- beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- chicken base
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes
- 2 large
- potatoes, diced
- 4 stalk(s)
- celery, sliced
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1 large
- family size bag mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- red wine
- 8 c
- 1/2 tsp
- of each, white pepper, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Deluxe Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1Prep ingredients and measure everything first.
- 2Sear the chuck roast in bacon grease in a large dutch oven.
- 3Pour off the grease after searing, leaving the roast in the dutch oven.
- 4Add the beef broth, chicken base, tomatoes, onions, garlic, wine and all the spices.
- 5Turn your heat medium-low and let everything simmer for at least 3 hours or longer, depending how tender the roast is.
- 6When the roast starts getting tender, you can take a slotted spoon and take out pieces of meat and pick off the fat pieces that's still attached to the roast and put the meat back into the pot. (I've used leaner cuts of beef roasts, but it's the marbling in a chuck roast that makes this soup wonderful)
- 7Add the rest of the chopped and frozen vegetables and the 8 cups of water. Turning up the heat to start another good simmer.
- 8During the cooking phase of the vegetables, start taste testing for desired seasonings. I usually add additional salt, pepper, and garlic, a little at a time at this point, if needed.
- 9This soup gets better overnight. After refrigeration the next day, the fat rises to the top. Take a spoon and skim the grease and discard.
- 10Note: This is a thick, hearty, soup, so it needs a lot of seasonings. After everything is in the pot, then begin to add additional seasoning and spice, a little at a time to your liking. Enjoy!