White Bean and Bacon Soup
1 lbgreat northern white beans
2 1/2 qtchicken stock
4 Tbspunsalted butter
2 mediumyellow onions, chopped
8 largeplum tomatoes,peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 lbslab bacon, cubed
1 tspdried marjoram
1 tspeach salt and pepper
2 bunchfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make White Bean and Bacon Soup
- sort beans, wash lightly and cover with water. let set overnight.
- next day , drain the beans, wash thoroughly, place in a large stock pot, add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to low and cook for about 1 hour or till beans are soft.
- While the beans are cooking, chop all veggies, cut up bacon , fry in the melted butter until brown, add onions, garlic, tomatoes . cook until tomatoes are real soft, then add to the bean pot.
- Simmer until beans are thoroughly cooked. Add Salt and pepper. Just before serving, add the chopped parsley to garnish.