Moms Old Fashion Bean Soup
1 lbnavy beans
2 largesmoked pork hocks
1 largeonion (diced)
2 stalk(s)celery (diced)
4 cchicken broth
How to Make Moms Old Fashion Bean Soup
- Go though navy beans and wash .soak beans over night.
- In a large kettle, add drained beans, pork hocks, onion, and celery.
- Cover with water and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil uncovered then turn down and simmer for about an hour.
- Remove hocks from kettle let cool till you can take meat from bone.
- Add meat back in kettle.
- Add carrots and potatoes continue to simmer uncovered for another hour.
- Add water to small sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Whisk eggs slightly add 1 teaspoon of water.
- Add flour to eggs a little at a time till you have a sticky dough.
- Using a kitchen knife slide a little dough at a time into boiling water.
- The little dumplings will rise to the top when done.Drain.
- Add to soup simmer another 5 minutes and serve.