Franks and Beans Soup
Cindi M Bauer
8 jumbosize franks, cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices
2 teasp.vegetable oil
3 cans(11-1/2 oz.) each, condensed bean with bacon soup
Add water3 and 3/4 cups of water
1 can(15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 can(15 oz.) light red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
3 teasp.minced dried onion flakes
pepperadd an 1/8 teaspoon, plus 1/16 teaspoon of black pepper
How to Make Franks and Beans Soup
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the vegetable oil.
- Add the sliced franks; cook and stir frequently for 4 minutes, to lightly brown the franks.
- Add the 3 cans of soup, the water, kidney beans, dried onion flakes, and pepper; stir to mix.
- Cook soup over low heat, uncovered, until soup has heated through (about 18 minutes).
- Note: The brand of franks I used to make this soup were, Farmland Hickory Smoked Deli-Style Franks, but you could substitute jumbo size hot dogs for the franks, if desired.