Franks and Beans Soup
- 8 jumbo
- size franks, cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices
- 2 teasp.
- vegetable oil
- 3 cans
- (11-1/2 oz.) each, condensed bean with bacon soup
- Add water
- 3 and 3/4 cups of water
- 1 can
- (15 oz.) dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can
- (15 oz.) light red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 teasp.
- minced dried onion flakes
- add an 1/8 teaspoon, plus 1/16 teaspoon of black pepper
How to Make Franks and Beans Soup
- 1In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the vegetable oil.
- 2Add the sliced franks; cook and stir frequently for 4 minutes, to lightly brown the franks.
- 3Add the 3 cans of soup, the water, kidney beans, dried onion flakes, and pepper; stir to mix.
- 4Cook soup over low heat, uncovered, until soup has heated through (about 18 minutes).
- 5Note: The brand of franks I used to make this soup were, Farmland Hickory Smoked Deli-Style Franks, but you could substitute jumbo size hot dogs for the franks, if desired.