- 1 lb
- dried peas, rinsed
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- carrots, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- large smoked pork shank
- crusty bread for dippin! or bread bowls
How to Make Crock Pot Split Pea Soup
- 1Add the dried peas,celery,carrots and 1/2 tsp pepper. To the crock pot. Stir it around.
- 2Add the smoked shank and 7 cups of water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 3Take the bones out of the smoked shank and shred the meat. Stir the pea soup mixture to smooth it out. Add the meat back in. Taste and add salt if needed.
- 4Put into nice big bowls and serve with crusty bread or serve in bread bowls. This is REALLY good in pretzel bread bowls!