Yukon and Shitake Soup with Pancetta
I initially served this to my mother because she told me she didn't like mushrooms. While her stance has not changed (that's just mom), she was sold on this dish.
- 1 oz
- pancetta, finely chopped
- carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- celery stalk, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- rutabaga, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 oz
- shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 lb
- yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 6 c
- vegetable stock (substitute chicken stock)
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- marjoram, fresh, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make Yukon and Shitake Soup with Pancetta
- 1Render pancetta in stockpot over medium-low heat for approximately 5-7 minutes until fat is released.
- 2Add carrots, celery, onion and rutabaga, cover and cook until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add mushrooms, potatoes and stock. Simmer for about 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- 4Add parsley add marjoram and season with salt and pepper.