★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, margarine, or bacon fat
- green peppers, sliced
- 2 medium
- 6 medium
- 1 lb
- hot dogs
- 1 (16 oz.) can(s)
- cut green beans
- 3 Tbsp
- salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup
How to Make Weiner Stew
- 1Melt butter in pot over low heat.
- 2Peel onions and potatoes and wash peppers.
- 3Cut vegetables into small pieces. Put onions and peppers in pot and cook until onions look clear.
- 4Put potatoes and 2 cups water in pot. Cover and boil 10 minutes.
- 5Cut hot dogs into chunksand put into pot, add green beans (juice too).
- 6Mix flour in a little water to make a smooth paste and pour into stew.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover pot and boil gently for 10 minutes.
- 8Flavor with mustard or ketchup. Serves 6.