1 Tbspolive oil
4 largeyellow onions, quartered
2 largecarrots, quartered, tops reserved
8 clovegarlic, crushed
2 largeleeks, wahed, trimed, tough outer leaves removed
1 sprig(s)fresh thyme
10black peppercorns, whole
How to Make Vegetable Stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the oil with onions, carrots, garlic, leeks and arrange them in a roasting pan.
- Place pan in oven and roast, stirring once, for 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- In a large saucepan or stock pot combine the roasted vegetables with carrot tops, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, peppercorns, clove and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour or until the broth is reduced to about 8 cups. Strain.