★★★★★ 1 vote5
·2 cups spicy sausage (jimmy dean)
·1 medium onion, diced
·2 garlic cloves, minced
·4 tbsp. chicken base
·2 quarts water
·4 cups chopped potatoes, or thinly sliced (i use frozen hash browns)
·6 cups chopped kale, center rib removed
·5 oz. evapotated milk (small can)
·1/2 tsp. dried thyme
·1 bay leaf
How to Make Tuscan Soup A la Olive Garden!
- In some olive oil sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the dried thyme and stir in.
- Add chicken base and water. Or use 2 Qt. chicken stock. Add the bay leaf.
- Add Potatoes. If using frozen hash browns. No need to thaw.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer
- Brown the sausage, breaking it up into small chunks, and drain. I like Jimmy Dean Spicy Sausage. It renders out hardly any fat!
- Add sausage and chopped Kale to the soup.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add the can of evaporated milk and heat through.
Taste for extra salt?
Serve sprinkled with Fresh grated Parmesan. Enjoy!