★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cups spicy sausage (jimmy dean)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp. chicken base
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups chopped potatoes, or thinly sliced (i use frozen hash browns)
- 6 cups chopped kale, center rib removed
- 5 oz. evapotated milk (small can)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
How to Make Tuscan Soup A la Olive Garden!
- 1In some olive oil sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
Add the dried thyme and stir in.
- 2Add chicken base and water. Or use 2 Qt. chicken stock. Add the bay leaf.
- 3Add Potatoes. If using frozen hash browns. No need to thaw.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer
- 4Brown the sausage, breaking it up into small chunks, and drain. I like Jimmy Dean Spicy Sausage. It renders out hardly any fat!
- 5Add sausage and chopped Kale to the soup.
Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 6Add the can of evaporated milk and heat through.
Taste for extra salt?
Serve sprinkled with Fresh grated Parmesan. Enjoy!