Turtle and Ham Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbturtle meat
1 smallpiece of ham
1piece of lemon
·parsley sprigs, chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Turtle and Ham Soup
- Cut ham into bits; mash herbs and seasonings with it, and put them aside.
- Boil turtle meat 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and save the stock.
- Chop up the meat.
- Brown onions in lard or vegetable oil; add turtle meat and brown well.
- Then add ham and seasonings, stirring constantly.
- Add stock and 2-1/2 to 3 quarts water with salt and various peppers (to taste) and also the lemon, chopped very fine.
- Cook for an hour or so stirring frequently.