Turtle and Ham Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- turtle meat
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 small
- piece of ham
- piece of lemon
- chopped onion
- clove garlic
- bay leaf
- 1 tsp
- parsley sprigs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Turtle and Ham Soup
- 1Cut ham into bits; mash herbs and seasonings with it, and put them aside.
- 2Boil turtle meat 15 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and save the stock.
- 4Chop up the meat.
- 5Brown onions in lard or vegetable oil; add turtle meat and brown well.
- 6Then add ham and seasonings, stirring constantly.
- 7Add stock and 2-1/2 to 3 quarts water with salt and various peppers (to taste) and also the lemon, chopped very fine.
- 8Cook for an hour or so stirring frequently.