Tomato Basil Soup
How to Make Tomato Basil Soup
- In a good size stoke pot; add olive oil. Chop onion and place in pot to caramelize
- Pour in chicken broth, two 2-liter bottles of V-8, canned tomatoes and basil
- Bring to boil, then cook down for 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering; set up Blender, funnel, quart jars and towels!
- Once soup has cooked down... VERY CAREFULLY move pot close to blender and jars. (I like to place my pot in the sink....less clean up that way) Make sure you have a funnel ready in the mouth of the quart jar. Carefully fill blender about 3/4 full of soup. Cover top of blender with a good, heavy towel. (Make sure you have a good grip on the blender and the top is secured!...if not.. EXPLOSION!) Once you have soup mixture in blender, set for "Liquify / Puree" [if your blender has only numbers..."7" is a good speed]
- [Are you ready?] Hit the button on your blender. [are you holding a towel over the top?]... Blend / Liquify / Puree for about 10 seconds. Pour into your quart jar. And repeat 'till all your soup mixture has been blended.
- If you are not going to server right away, the quart jars work good for freezing the soup.
- Serve the Tomato Basil Soup topped with Fresh Graded Parmesan!