The Best Corn Chowder
- 2 c
- celery, diced
- 8 c
- potatoes, diced
- 2 c
- onions, chopped
- 32 oz
- low sodium chicken broth
- 8 slice
- salt pork bacon, diced
- 4 oz can(s)
- chopped green chilis, drained
- ears of fresh corn, removed from the cob
- 1 qt
- 1/8 tsp
- crushed red pepper, add more to taste
- salt to tasted
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 stick
- cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish
- 4 - 6 slice
- cooked bacon, crumbled for garnish
- 6 Tbsp
- instant mashed potatoes to thicken
How to Make The Best Corn Chowder
- 1Sautee the chopped salt pork until done. Remove most of the fat leaving about 2 tablespoons.
Add the onions and celery sauté until tender.
- 2Add chicken broth to the pot, then the potatoes and cook until tender. Do not over cook.
- 3Add the corn and cook about 5 to 7 mins.
TIP: I have started removing corn from the cob with my electric knife.
- 4Add the half and half along with the butter and all spices. Add the instant mashed potatoes to thicken. Simmer on low until the flavors marry.
- 5Serve this with bacon and cheddar cheese garnish.