★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 bottle
- 46 ounce v-8 juice
- 1 can(s)
- 29 ounce crushed tomatoes
- beef bouillon, cubes or concentrated beef flavoring
- green peppers cut into large chunks
- 1 medium
- yellow onion chopped
- 2 c
- cooked minute rice
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1Brown the meat in a large soup pot. When meat is done remove to another dish and set aside. In the same pot add peppers, and onions cook until vegetables are aldente; if you cook too long they will be mushy by the time soup is done.
- 2If you are using boullion cubes melt them in 1 cup of very hot water. Add V-8, crushed tomatoes, and boullion to the vegetables. Cook on medium high heat for about 10 minutes than add meat and cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Add rice and simmer for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Changes can be made to this recipe for instance garlic may be added, you can experiment with different seasonings. Also I've substituted chopped green cabbage for the green peppers. The result is "Stuffed Cabbage Soup"! I double this recipe because it go's fast!