Squash Apple soup
I will take the chicken left over from making the broth and have it available to have for people to add if they want along with croutons,sliced green onion,sour cream or shredded cheese. We are a topping happy family.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, diced and seeded
- 1 fuji apple
- 2 carrots, chopped
- medium yellow onion, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
How to Make Squash Apple soup
- 1In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion,carrot and celery. Cook until soft.
- 2Add the apple, allspice, vinegar and squash. Cook until the apple and squash soften, stirring constantly (about ten minutes).
- 3Add the chicken broth, lower heat to medium low, cover and simmer for one hour.
- 4Remove from heat. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Using an immersion blender or by placing small amounts in a regular blender, blend until soup is smooth and creamy.