★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cdried split peas
2 largecarrots chopped
2 stickor stalks of celery finely chopped
1 lbboneless smoked ham (optional)
How to Make Split Pea Soup
- Heat water and peas to boiling.
- Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and cover.
- Let sit for 1 hour.
- Add ham (whole), onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove ham and cut ham to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Stir ham, carrots, and celery into soup.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are tender, about 45 minutes.