Spanish garlic, bread soup
4 sliceof bacon cut into small strips
1 clovegarlic (or a teaspoon of garlic powder)
1carton of chicken broth
6 sliceof day old hard crust bread( thick slices)
2 tspsweet paprica
4eggs for pouching
How to Make Spanish garlic, bread soup
- cut up onion and garlic cloves into small pieces.
Cut bacon into small strips.
- Saute onions, garlic clove and bacon strips in a bit of olive oil, on low heat until onion is transparent and bacon strips are brown.
- Add paprica and immediatly add broth so that the paprica doesn't burn and become bitter.
- simmer on low heat until warm. Add cut bread and cook until bread is tender.
- pouche eggs in the soup and serve the soup with an egg in each bowl.