Smoky Pumpkin Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 slice
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 6 c
- pumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 6 c
- beef stock
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- pumpkin seeds, toasted
How to Make Smoky Pumpkin Soup
- 1The bacon should be diced and cooked crisp; reserve the fat.
- 2The pumpkin should be cut in 1-inch pieces.
- 3Heat the bacon fat and butter in a stock pot over medium-high heat; add the pumpkin and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Pour in the stock and simmer covered until the pumpkin is very tender, about 30 minutes; remove from heat.
- 5Add the Marsala, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste; process the soup in batches in a blender until smooth.
- 6Return to the stock pot; add the bacon.
- 7Simmer 10 minutes; serve immediately, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.