Smoky Pumpkin Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted
6 cpumpkin, peeled, seeded and chopped
6 cbeef stock
1 tspthyme, dried
·pumpkin seeds, toasted
How to Make Smoky Pumpkin Soup
- The bacon should be diced and cooked crisp; reserve the fat.
- The pumpkin should be cut in 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the bacon fat and butter in a stock pot over medium-high heat; add the pumpkin and saute for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and simmer covered until the pumpkin is very tender, about 30 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add the Marsala, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste; process the soup in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Return to the stock pot; add the bacon.
- Simmer 10 minutes; serve immediately, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.