Slow-Cooker Sausage & Kale Stew w/ mashed taters
- 1 lb
- sweet italian sausage liks
- 1 large
- 1 28 oz
- can diced tomtoes
- 2 Tbsp
- tomato paste
- garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 large
- russett potatoes
- 1 sm bunch
- kale, stems discarded & leaves torn (abt 7 ups)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- olive oit, plus more for serving
How to Make Slow-Cooker Sausage & Kale Stew w/ mashed taters
- 11.Combine the sausage, onion, tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, garlic, 1 cup water, and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Nestle the potatoes in the liquid and top with the kale.
- 22.Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time). Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl. Add the milk, oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the bowl and mash.
- 33.Serve the stew topped with the mashed potatoes. Drizzle with more olive oil, if desired.