Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
recipe & photo from mamalovesfood.com
- 5 lb
- russet potatoes, washed but not peeled. diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, diced
- 10 clove
- garlic, minced (if you use jarred, it's a 5 teaspoon equivalent)
- 8 c
- chicken stock or chicken broth
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp
- seasoned salt
- ~~~optional garnishes~~~
- crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese & green onions
How to Make Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- 1Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- 2Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- 3Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- 4Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!