Slippery Dumpling Soup
3 Tbspchicken base
1 lbpotatoes cubed 1/2 inch thick
1 cdiced celery
1 csliced carrots
1/2 cdiced onion
to tastesalt and pepper
1 Tbspparsley flakes
few dropsyellow food coloring
1 call purpose flour
How to Make Slippery Dumpling Soup
- In a soup pot add 2 quarts water, chicken base, potatoes, celery, onions, salt and pepper
- Cook for 1/2 hour.
- Remove veggies from stock and set aside.
- Sift flour in a mixing bowl
- Add salt, and cut in shortening
- Add water small amounts at a time until dough is soft yet not too sticky
- Drop into boiling soup broth. Cook for 15 minutes DO NOT COVER POT.
- Add veggies back to stock
I like to add a few drops of yellow food coloring to make the soup more appealing