- 1 pkg
- hot italian sausage
- 4-6 large
- cooking potatoes
- 3 clove
- 8 slice
- 10 c
- chicken broth(or 4-6 boullion cubes to water)
- 1 medium
- 2 c
- 1 bunch
- fresh kale, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes
How to Make Sausage Soup
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into cube size pieces,set aside(covered with water to prevent damage to potatoes)
- 2In large skillet cook bacon to crisp stage,place on paper towel to cool,then chop into small pieces.Clean onion and garlic and cut into minced pieces.In same skillet as bacon was cooked cook onions just until translucent and soft, add garlic and cook with onions just until garlic is soft(DO NOT BURN).In seperate skillet cook sausage until completely browned.Add red pepper flakes to sausage.
- 3Fill large pot with water and place chicken boullion cubes,put potatoes in bullion and cook potatoes until tender.
- 4When potatoes are tender(15-20 min) add reserved bacon, sausage,onion, garlic.Add cream(can use milk but it won't be as creamy)
- 5Remove Kale from stems and cut into small bits.Add to soup mixture.Cook addition 5 minutes
- 6Serve Hot with your favorite Bread.